Tuesday, March 13, 2007

a-ha! Beauty Trick #4: Fickle & Easy Scent-to-Go


I'm the type that carries make-up, trinkets, candy bars or fruity mints with me at all times. I hardly ever manage just a small clutch or slender pouch when I step out of my apt - even for late nite ventures.

I've gradually managed to cut down on my tote-age via ways like dipping sponge eyeshadow applicators eye shadow at home and carrying the sticks in a thin mirror compact or using a folder-over mini eyelash curler (a must for my straight, short asian eye lashes!)

But, my absolute favorite one so far is the to-go, completely flat perfume strips! Cheap, yes, but a lot easier for clumsy or slipperly hands and definitely more fun since you get to try a different scent each time according to your mood!

1. Flip through any women's magazine and find a perfume advertisement strip.
2. Without opening the fold, tear the folded strip part off so you have a long folded rectangle.
3. Tear the strip in three equal parts & put in wallet or clutch or back jeans pocket.
4. Later, for a little pickup boost, use the middle strip to rub on neck (it has the most fragrance), and the two side parts for your wrists & maybe even some for your hair!?

Just watch out for paper cuts!!

Dumb, yes, a little bit, but infinitely fun~ will probably help you decide which perfume to purchase for next season too!

xox

PS. The wooden clutch on top is one of my obsessions from the Emilio Pucci Fall 2007 shows!